Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Shower


I created this baby shower for my gorgeous friend Tash who is expecting her precious bundle to arrive any day now.  Tash does not know if her bundle is pink or blue so I created a table using yellow and grey (one of my fave colour combinations).  The brief was to keep the day very simple and casual..."a lovely afternoon tea with friends".  All of the food was baked with love by Tash's family and friends which made the day even more intimate and special.

I wanted to add an interactive element to the day in lieu of games and gift opening so I created a DIY card station for guests to write the mum-to-be words of advice and well-wishes.  The creativity in the room was amazing.  Even my glue sticks were "vintage".
I hung a banner across the table with small notecards containing baby quotes.

All of the printables were designed by me.  I used the lines from classic nursery rhymes to name my food.


The DIY card station in action and the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment